Sins of the Past
Character Creation for Sins of the Past follows the standard character creation for Second Edition Dark Heresy. However, there are a few changes that will be made from standard Character Creation. These changes are detailed below.
- Characteristics will be done using a Point Buy system which functions as follows: All characteristics start with a baseline score of 30. Any attribute that your Homeworld favors will start at a baseline score of 35, while those that it disfavors will start at 25. Your character has 60 points to spend as you see fit on a one-for-one basis to increase your characteristics. The most amount of points you can put into any one characteristic is 20 points.
- If a player gains an Aptitude during character creation that they already have, they may choose any aptitude to gain in its place.
- Characters that submit a short backstory and answer a short start with 3,000 xp to spend at character creation instead of the usual 1,000 xp. These points of xp may still be gained after the game begins.
- In addition to the character’s starting gear, they begin play with one item of Rare availability and three items of Scarce availability. These items are things that they have acquired in their life up to this point, and should be reflected in their backstory. This is on top of what the book has you all start with. So, you get those four items and also a number of selections equal to your starting Influence bonus value, each of which can be up to Scarce rarity. (Which is what the book gives you normally.)
- I will do your Divinations for you. Do not worry about them at this time. You will get them. Everything else, feel free to do now.
- Lastly, I will be working with each player to give them some sort of unique thing that makes them just a little bit more interesting in the vastness of the 41st Millenium. This will be partly based on backstory and partly based on what type of character they build. If you have suggestions of something that would be a cool plot-building McGuffen, let me know. I’m always open to suggestions!